The Haven is a self-contained lodging with two bedrooms, two bathrooms, living room, kitchen, laundry, two decks and a barbecue area. With extensive views over Tasman Bay, The Haven provides luxurious self-contained accommodation for four guests. It is a custom-built unit with all the facilities for you to really enjoy your stay. Not only is The Haven a great place to relax, it is situated in a prime location at Kaiteriteri Beach, part of the Abel Tasman National Park, New Zealand – the gem of the top of the South Island.
The fully equipped ‘galley’ kitchen for self-catering. There is a swimming pool in our garden for guests to use and a private woodland track down to Kaiteriteri beach. Two decks and barbecue area make dining outside an easy option.
The Haven has a nautical theme, which can be seen with little embellishments throughout the bedrooms, lounge and kitchen; and also in the overall architecture of the building, the ship shape design reflects Tom’s many years in his seafaring career, and Captain of many ships.
The Haven accommodation facilities include:
- Master bedroom, or “The Captain’s Cabin”, with king sized bed and en suite bathroom
- Second bedroom, or “The Crew’s Quarters”, with twin king single beds and separate bathroom
- Hair dryer
- Five minute walk to the beach
- Lounge with pellet fire
- Television, DVD player and telephone
- Internet access via WiFi
- Pantry, with basic provisions for self catering
- Cooking facilities, full oven with a ceramic hob, and microwave, in the “Galley” kitchen
- Private access to the in-ground pool
- Spectacular 180º sea views
- Beach access via private native New Zealand bush walk, 5 minutes
- Children aged over five years welcome
Find out more about our rates and booking availability.
During your stay your privacy is assured, but as your hosts we are always happy to share our time and extensive local knowledge. We hope you will arrive as strangers and leave as friends. Quite simply, there is no better ‘Haven’ from which to savour the delights of the Nelson region.
The Haven ‘Galley’ is a gourmet-style kitchen where every possible utensil and state of the art convenience is provided, along with a generous sized corner pantry, and fridge/freezer.
For information on arrival and departure times, please check out our booking page. Because there is so much to do and see in our beautiful region, we have a minimum stay of four nights. Single party bookings only. The Haven is a smoke-free environment.